Among many countries in Asia, citizens in both South Korea and Vietnam are easy to visit another country. Vietnam National Administration of Tourism has been working to appeal to South Korean citizens in the last several years with affordable travel deals. These things lead to the inexpensive and frequent flight. However, Korean must have a visa to enter Vietnam more than 15 days, so how much is Vietnam Visa Fee in South Korea?
Do South Korean need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Luckily, South Korea is in the List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam, so if you are South Korean and you want to visit Vietnam for some days less than 15 days, you do not need a visa. Below is a list of countries that citizen do not need to apply for a Vietnam visa.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
In case you are citizen in other country but live in South Korea and not in the list, you still have to apply a visa before entering Vietnam, for both visiting and business reason.
You are South Korean but want to stay in Vietnam more than 15 days? Still have to apply for a Vietnam Visa!
In case South Korean come to Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam via International ports (included by air or by sea), stay at that ports and head to Phu Quoc Island, they are exempted from Vietnam visa less than 30 days. Because this is only applied for people going to Phu Quoc so if they go to other places, they must make visa as usual.
Vietnam Visa On Arrival in South Korea
If in the past, citizens have to go to embassy to applying for a visa, now they can apply at home! Sounds incredible but it is true! No matter you for purposes such as tourism, trade, work, relative visit, medical treatment, marriage…. you still have a Vietnam Visa On Arrival, even you are in South Korea. This is a way that you get a Visa Agent apply a visa for you.
This kind of visa takes you a couples of time to apply, just some minutes to fill in your information and pay for fee. The following step is waiting at home for an approval letter, take it to Vietnam and show at the International Airport, get your passport stamped – you finish the process simply.
How to apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival in South Korea?
Before applying for visa, you should be noted:
- Maybe your nationality is included in the visa exemption list or is not yet to be supported with visa on arrival per the Government policy, so please check it carefully.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months validity and 2 left pages.
- ONLY person who travel by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
And now follow these simple steps:
- Access this website visaonlinevietnam.com and fill in the application form.
- Double check your information and make a payment. This is the service fee for visa agent to proceed your visa application.
- Receive approval letter within days you choose. Normally, it takes you in 2 working days to get the letter.
Receiving the visa approval letter and then continue doing these following items :
- Print out the visa approval letter, application form entry, and exit which are sent to your email by JPG or PDF.
- Bring passport, two pictures (4×6 cm) and stamping fee in cash.
- Show all things below at landing visa area to get your passport stamped. To avoid wasting your time for getting the line, you can use Fast-Track service and VIP service.
Applying Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in South Korea
Another way that you can apply Vietnam visa for yourself, that is visiting the closest Vietnam Embassy get a stamp on your passport before beginning your travels. This option may take longer and requires you to go to the embassy twice, once to apply and once to pick up your visa.
Here is the procedure:
- Complete application form with correct and exact required information
- Leave the original passport for checking
- Answer some questions ( if required )
- Make an payment for the Visa Fee
- Get the Visa done after 5 working days.
Vietnam Embassy in South Korea
Address: 28-58, Samchong-Dong, Chongno-Ku,110-230, Seoul, South Korea
Telephone: (822) 738 2318
Vietnam Embassy South Korea Website
You can also visit this website Embassy of Vietnam in Seoul. This is information of The Vietnam Embassy in South Korea, provided for information and service purpose.
Vietnam Visa Fee in South Korea
There are 2 types of Vietnam Visa fee in South Korea: Service fee and Stamping fee.
Service fee is an payment for the Visa Agent due to their process your Vietnam visa request. Why do you have to pay this fee? Because the visa agent will on behalf of you apply for the Immigration Department and get the visa approval letter in time as your booking. Commonly, you’ll get approval letter in two days with normal service, in rush services from 4-8 hours, excluding weekends/national holidays.
Stamping fee is ruled by the Immigration Department. You can refer rates of stamping fee at any legal Governmental site and on the landing visa counter at any international airport, because it is in public promulgate. This fee can be paid directly to the Immigration Department ‘s officer at landing visa desk in USD and VND and then you can receive the red bill for it.
You know, South Korean nationality has been categorized as a difficult nationality group since 2015, that means Vietnam visa fee in South Korea (approval letter) and additional return flight and passport requirements are higher.
Normally, the stamping fee is USD 25 per person for single entry, USD 50 to USD 35 per person for multiple entries. Service fee is from USD 40 per person and up to USD 588 per person for 1 year multiple entries. For detailed fee, please do not hesitate to visit Vietnam Visa Fee, choose your nationality, click “Submit” to know your total cost!